Thursday, August 19, 2010

Aggravation makes me hungry

Howdy from the land of pissed off cowboys and high carb cravings!

Yep, when I get aggravated I get the burning desire to eat something with lots of carbs and sugar. You know , the old standby stuff, doughnuts, ice cream, bread of any kind, taters----yea taters!!All the stuff that for 56 years made me feel good ---WHY?? Because I DESERVE IT.

Seems like I have been aggravated for a week. Don't know why all these people can't be reasonable and do it MY way. Janet says if all of us would just do what she says the world would be a better place, I guess I have that same opinion,only yall ought to listen to ME.

It is amazing how much aggravation fuels my desire and addiction to the stuff ,that for decades gave me comfort.But a slow change is taking place. Monday I was as mad around 6:30 in the evening as I have been in a long time.I mean I was POd, growling like a dull chainsaw. If I'd had some Crown in the house, I could have made a whiskey float w/Bluebell ice cream. Instead I told Janet I was going for a walk. I went to the barn got my pack, stuck a rifle in it and some sand bags for weight. I walked down the pasture , across the creek, thru the brush and checked the water gap.
I found some maintenance work I need to do before the cows go into that pasture, also found some sweat. Best thing I found was some sanity.I got relaxed while I was walking. By the time I got back to the house I was happy as a tornado in a trailer park.--------Ain't life strange?

Now I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer sometimes, but I do know there are enzymes and chemicals the brain and organs put off when I get stressed or aggravated and also when I eat things. All this leads to good feelings and bad feelings in our body. How I react to these highs/lows are key to continuing down my path.By making better choice 51+% of the time I will continue to make changes for the better.

If ya see me, for goodness sake help me out----do it my way so my choices will be easier for me!

Pearl of Wisdom from the Mind of WEL
Compromise can be a good thing,especially when someone else does it.

No comments:

Post a Comment