Thursday, May 20, 2010

Need knee grease

Howdy from the land of dewberries and mustang grapes!

I think I am gonna have to find some knee grease. I take trigosamine and plenty of ibuprofen, but I think them rusty old knees are getting worse. I have been trying to increase my walk at lunch by one lap (1 mile)and I'm not having much luck. One day I can get er done the next the knees hurt too bad to get there.

I am gonna try riding my old bike some in the evening and see if I can boost my calorie burn as I have not been able to walk at lunch AND on the treadmill on the same day for several weeks----knee thing again.Maybe the bike will help burn some calories and keep the pressure off the joints.

I could really tell my knees are getting worse, and I am used to a lot of pain, because some of the video from our trip to Van Horn shows me walking around on the mesa like Walter Brennan walked on TV. You know the hop along gait, throwing your arms up with each step.Well that is what I'm doing. I guess it takes some weight off my knees when I do that, sure makes me look like a crippled up old fart though.

One good thing about BOTH knees hurting, is, it evens out me wanting to limp.

See ya down the road.

Pearl of Wisdom from the Mind of WEL
When ya need a drink, go to the head of the stream.

5 comments:

  1. Bill,

    Remember that ole saying "No Pain No Gain"? Yeah me too, and that's why I've had problem with my knees since I weighed over 300 pounds!

    If both of your knees are hurting my friend, then you really need to give them a break to heal and recover. Walking on a treadmill or riding an exercise bike will probably continue to bother your knees. Even though I have a recumbent bike, which is suppose to be easier on the knees and back, I still can't stay on it long before my knees starts to lock up a bit.

    I suggest you focus on daily joint mobility exercises and focus more on your body weight exercises. Turn your calorie burning focus to resistance training and cut back on the walking (for cardio that is); you'll knees will thank you.

    Keep up the good work my friend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. After you get what you know you need you will say 'why did I WAIT SO LONG"
    MIGHT CONSIDER ALSO THAT WE DON'T KNOW HOW LONG THIS ADMINISTRATION WILL ALLOW INS TO PAY FOR ELECTIVE
    PROCEDURES.
    Might add sure there is pain BUT just like child birth
    as soon as over you forget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muata, thanks for the advice, good to hear from ya.The older I get get the more I notice them joints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom, you may be right, but i'll just have to wait until the timing is better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ASTRA ZENNIE: yea this is true a overweighted person can't do a physical work easily... physical work creats really hard job for a overweight or a fat person. Even i was also very fat long back but i reduced my weight with alot of work out. now i am really fit. And can do my work easily..

    ReplyDelete