Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Try something new?me?

Howdy from the land of sweet fall breezes and rag weed sneezes!

I have said before I am quite a creature of habit and I am.I can eat tuna and cheese everyday at lunch for weeks---no problem. I will order the same dish at a particular restaurant every time I go there. I drive the same route and get gas at the same place even if another is shorter and cheaper because---that's where I always go.

Damn I hate to change and try something out of my box! It is after all MY BOX.

Well, I have blown that concept today and the more I think about it the more nervous I am getting.

Our local school district asks for tutor and mentor volunteers to work with kids that also volunteer to receive some help. I know what your thinking---I did not volunteer to be a spelling coach nor a computer teacher.I did ,however,volunteer to be a mentor.The school will give me a training class and then I will be assigned one student to meet with twice a month.I hope I don't do something terribly wrong.

What does this have to do with fat loss?? I don't know, but I figure maybe fat loss has something to do with me taking this step??

Pearl of Wisdom form the Mind of WEL
One cannot carry your brothers burden nor pay your brothers debt----Matthiew Arnold

7 comments:

  1. Hey Bill,

    Out of the box sometimes is good. Mentoring should be a good fit because critical thinking skills are what kids are most lacking probably.

    You don't really have to tell them anything but help them see things as they really are or a way to work things out.

    You have more patience than I do but mentoring sounds like a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, new = nervous to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great thing you are doing, Bill! I volunteered for a while at a rural health clinic and found the experience very rewarding.

    PS: I've always felt that a better part of me was a cowboy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. IT IS VERY GOOD THING. You have great deal of wisdom,
    experience in life (is not learned in bookS). YOU
    ARE A GOOD EXAMPLE FOR A YOUNG MAN.
    This will help a kid. Think back to men who were examples
    to you as young person.
    Good for you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dr.J
    Thanks for the comment,I am nervous but looking forward to the experience.I have found a little Cowboy in most folks that have common sense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom, looking back in time is exactly why I volunteered. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. daythammynet
    Class College Education training Beauty teaching university academy lesson  teacher master student  spa manager  skin care learn eyelash extensions tattoo spray

    ReplyDelete