Thursday, June 30, 2011

Best laid plans of mice and men

Howdy from the land of sore (as hell) ham strings and achy flat ( as a board) feet!

It is getting better each day , I think. My ham string and back of my calf are really giving me fits. I had a 20 degree break in the back of my knee from loss of flexibility over the years and getting those muscles to stretch back out is a pain in my butt---literally!

And not wearing any arch supports on my feet for 2 weeks really gets them feet to hurting. But now I can get both shoes on and tied without having to holler at the nurse for help.

A real good Friend of mine text me the other day to ask if me ringing the bell for the nurse was working out OK? I told him it took me 6-7 days after we got home to fully understand why a had a stool softener with all the other meds when I got home. I thought they said it was for constipation----really it was to help pass that bell!

LOL, now that is funny , I don't care who you are! But seriously, Janet has done a great job putting up with the cry baby. I would have never made it without her help.

Even Ol Bill has done Ok so far. I even gave myself 12 (count them) twelve injections to keep my blood thin.

I am however gonna change my plans.I had thought when I started this deal I would get the right knee done and wait 6 weeks and get the left knee fixed---BAM,WHAM---we are finished. Well,I have changed my mind. I am gonna wait and get my right knee well and strong healed and get the left repaired latter. I think it will be best for me to not rush , not get the big head, not get too far over extended. I'll take it one step at a time.

For now I continue to strech and walk and ice and work my STINGING QUAD.

I can't wait to be able to dance without that knee pain.

Pearl of Wisdom from the Mind of WEL
Do something damn it, even if it is wrong>

1 comment: