Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Careful what ya wish for

Howdy from the land of pain pills and physical terrorists.

Well, I lived.Two weeks ago this morning the doctor told me they were gonna do something called a nerve block on my leg. This was to keep the swelling down and make it easier on me during surgery. It felt strange and when I woke up I told Janet, I'll be glad when this wears off because it is weird and crazy not being able to feel my leg. WRONG wish!

At any rate, I got one new knee joint and I am working about 6 hours a day to regain my range of motion.I have never used this much ice and not had a drink.

It is a god thing my upper body was as strong as what it is because that has helped me get around quite a good bit.I have been able to walk from to house to the barn and back for 3-4 days now, which I guess is 3/8 of a mile. I am tired but there is always ICE.

See ya down the recovery road!

Pearl of Wisdom from the Mind of WEL
Sit up straight, you may need good posture when ya get crippled up.

4 comments:

  1. It's good to see a cowboy slowly get back in the saddle :) Good to see you back Bill ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, Bill! You'll get to the promised land :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muata, thanks prblem I got right now is I want too much too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dr.J
    Thanks a lot for the encouragement. It is getting better each day. Mainly trying to get those muscles strechted back out.

    ReplyDelete