Monday, November 30, 2009

Detour

Howdy from the land of turkey bones and empty stuffing bowls!!

Damn we had a fine Thanksgiving dinner!We went to Momma's house and had a good time. I hope everyone out there had a grand time also, because you deserve to have one too.

Well, me and my main gal ,Janet, went to Wyoming on a little vacation. We saw a few elk, too few, and some sights like Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse Monument.

I had decided I was getting really tired of practicing and being calorie deficient and would take a week off.Somehow, in making this decision I turned on a detour that almost got out of hand.It is so easy for me to eat , mindlessly.I would do "ok" at meal time, but between the meals, just graze.

Well anyway, I jumped a few pounds over this period and I hope I got it out of my system.I am back to my routine and I will have to agree with John Z.----I think I like my routine because I don't have to think too much.

One thing I noticed today ,while on my Full Pak Trak at lunch, is that my walking and BWE are more permanent improvements than my eating habits/cravings. I have not worn my 32 pound vest in 10 days and it was not difficult today to get right back in the groove. Tomorrow I will add 2 more pounds for a total of 34.The "move more" part of my journey is easier for me than the eat less part.

That really makes me wonder what the war will be like after I have won the battle of the fat loss-----will I be able to maintain where I have fought to get to?I guess I will just have to pluck that chicken when I get to it.

Also, one more motivational piece of news is , I am gonna be a Grandpa!Yep, Tessa is gonna have a young'un.Things will get to jumping around here when that happens---yippee!!

Pearls of Wisdom form the mind of WEL
Don't say you ain't gonna, say you don't wanta----that is a damn sight easier to take back.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on becoming a Grandpa Bill! Don't worry about if you are going to keep the weight off because you are! Hey, this past turkey day, I grazed more than I needed to and felt the dreaded bloat afterwards. But, just like you, I simply strapped on my vest and walked up and down our steep stairs for 30 mins on Monday. So, it's just a matter of picking up where you left off ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muata , thanks so much for the comment.It means a lot.

    ReplyDelete