Monday, November 16, 2009

I must be part cow

Howdy from the land of stepped on toes and pulled on hearts!

I think a lot of animals, most of them are really neat things to watch.I have been around cows most of my life and come to realize they are really dumb creatures.If ya watch a cow all they seem to do is sleep and graze----with a little poop in between.

Well I can get into that grove too.It is easy for me to lose sight of my road map and switch into the GRAZING MODE.We had company this week and I got right into the grazing routine and a little poop too.Eat a little of this and some of that then A LITTLE MORE OF THIS!

I have said before I like my routine and I do.I have been giving some thought as to WHY I like my routine?? Muata always said we need to find the answers to WHY we eat like we do and WHY we have the habits we have.

I can tell ya I can't afford one of those psycho doctors to talk me into those answers, so I guess I have to sort them out on my own.

Some of my thoughts on WHY---
1.I think I like my routine because it is easier than having to deal with the problem I have with food.
2.I think I can slip into the grazing mode so easily because of 40 years of habits and the fact that I got some issues with food.


Now I don't know whether my issues with food come from being left out in the rain as a kid or maybe being feed too much Spam and Cream-o-wheat as a child, but it more than likely comes from the fact that I tend to be lazy around food. Not lazy-lazy but into too much of a rush ---let's eat a bunch real quick and get the hell out of here and do something else fun---lazy.

But , one thing I know for sure, thinking about this WHY I GRAZE THING is getting me worried-----worried I will not be able to maintain the life style I need when I get to the end of my journey-----OR------will I ever get to the end??

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL
Hug somebody, it might be the last chance you ever get.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bill,

    Reading about Spam is getting my hungry. I saw this low-sodium Spam at Costco a while back... I read the calories and found it was still not on my menu.

    I like routine because it does not take any thinking. As soon as I try to figure out what I can eat while I'm staring it in the face - I just end up eating it.

    So what I try to fall back on is portions... you know just fill up your plate to where you know you will be ok (but your appetite is screaming at you)...

    By the way I bat about 50% in these matters but I'll have plenty of opportunity to try an improve my lot over the holidays!

    ReplyDelete