Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Chicken or the Egg?

Howdy from the land of baby calves and green winged Teal!

I pose a question to myself, "which comes first?? encouragement?? or patience??"

When I first started my journey would have said I needed encouragement first.Patience was second place.I had a long way to go and a lot to lose.

Then while thinking about that question, I asked "which is more important?'

While encouragement from others and from myself has been important and maybe it needed to come first, patience has been the hardest to obtain and sustain. Patience is an extremely hard concept for me.You might say I have the patience of a waterfall.

I guess I fit squarely into the "I want it ALL and I want it NOW" generation.

Encouragement can be gotten from myself as well as from others. Some of the most encouraging people for me and my journey do not even know how much they have influenced my trip.Some of them surely do not even know who I am.Encouragement can be received, given ,sold ,borrowed and traded.

Patience , on the other hand , has to be learned,nurtured and perfected by myself. Others can tell me to have patience,but it is up to me to accept the concept.I can vividly remember my Grandpa telling me "Content yourself". I am here to admit, that is hard for me to do.

An odd thought just crept into my brain---what if the loss of fat is not the most important aspect of this journey? Damn, now I have something else to think about while I Full Pak Trac at lunch.

Planning
Positive thinking
PATIENCE
Perseverance

Pearl of Wisdom from the Mind of WEL
What the hell would happen if you get scared half to death , twice?

2 comments:

  1. BUD DIDN'T YOUR MOTHER EVER TELL YOU :
    'God works in mysterious ways HIS wonders
    to preform."
    You are doing great job, Keep on thinking,
    listening and reading. HOW MANY CALORIES DOES THAT
    burn??

    ReplyDelete