Thursday, April 21, 2011

Driving and breathing

Howdy from the land of drafty sand and grasshoppers!

I live 60 miles from where I work.So I have a fair commute each day.I have always had a fair commute to where I make my money, it ain't no big deal.

I was going over the hill and around the curve this morning just a singing along to Red ( folks that live along the highway probably thought the cat was caught in the drier)and I got to thinking just how good I felt. I actually feel good while driving. Why? Because I can drive and breathe. Yea yea yea, I could always drive and breathe but sitting behind the wheel took an effort. I was not comfortable.I was cramped, heavy chested and the passenger seat was way worse.

It feels so much better to be able to sit behind the wheel and breathe. Damn, it is the little things in life that make such BIG differences.

Oh yea! AND I can really let it all out when I'm singing too!

I guess we never realize how much better we feel until we quit hurting.Nor did I realize how much I hurt until I began to quit hurting.

Pearl of Wisdom from the Mind of WEL
Be careful you don't ring a bell that can't be un-rung.

3 comments:

  1. The last time I was in Texas, I was heading out to dinner at a place I'd heard was special. Needing directions I asked a local, he said, "Oh, it's just a little piece down the road!" Fifty miles later we got there! I guess, for Texas, it was :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, we mostly measure distance by how many beers does it take to get there----just down the road could very well be a six pack!!

    We have lived for nearly 35 years 20 miles from the nearest jug of milk or loaf of bread.

    Next time you want to come this way , we'll cook a steak in the back yard---no need to drive---once you get here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Bill, I'll take you up on that offer!

    ReplyDelete