Friday, April 29, 2011

Therapy in the written word

Howdy from the land of stink bugs and whippoorwills!

You know it is summer in Lavaca County when you hear the whippoorwills calling in the night. The sound used to scare Tessa when she was a small child. I think it is a wonderful sound during the summer time.

I was having a conversation with my boss and another co-worker about Darren writing a book about his wife and the ordeal she has gone thru with her heart failure and recent (and exceedingly fantastic) heart transplant. Darren was saying how he thought his writing a book about it might help someone. The co-worker, communications genius, and a very good writer in his own right, was saying how it would really help Darren's kids understand what went on. He also thought Darren was correct about it helping others.

My take on the most important aspect of this endeavor is it will help Darren more than he realizes to write down what HE went thru.The written word is good therapy.

In my journey, there have been numerous positive moments.Granted there have been some bummers but mostly good stuff has come along while I have been on this trip.Muata told me the education I would get would be more valuable than the weight I would lose. He was mighty right!With Muata and Janet encouraging me to start this blog I have given myself a double dose of therapy all along the road.Sometimes I have had to stop and really think ---"do you want to admit that OR ya think that might not be real honest"---therapy, yep that what it has been for me.

I think that is what it will be for Darren.

As time goes along, I have changed the way I approach my fat loss journey. I have experimented with different methods while looking for a common destination.The same holds true with my attempt at writing. I change what I want to say quite often and post about how my methods have come together or fallen apart. I can go back and read old posts and say "man if I had only known then what I know now".You know what you call that?? EDUCATION---THERAPY

Pearl of Wisdom from the Mind of WEL
If you think nobody cares anymore, just try missing a few payments.

No comments:

Post a Comment