Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May flowers?

Howdy from the land of No April showers so damn few May Flowers!

Dry I say, just how dry is it? Just yesterday I saw a Horny Toad walking down the road with a water can tied on his back!

OK , I won't quit my day job. But it is dry.

One good thing about not having any thunder storms or lightening around here is , there is one less excuse not to ride or walk or generally practice burning some calories.

I rode ten miles at lunch today as the wind was not too bad.Although I really miss walking with my vest on, the bike riding is doing me good.My thigh muscles are getting harder each week.And I have noticed it takes more miles on the bike to get any "burn" on my upper legs. The Doctor said I need them quads as strong as I can get them before I get the new hinges put in.

I guess the count down is on for a new hinge as I went Monday and got the MRI done for the machine shop to build me a new right knee joint. Too late to chicken out now, I already ordered the new parts!

One thing helping me get past the nervousness of knee replacement is hoping I can then get back into my vest and someday taking a back pack trip in the mountains.

I keep ya posted how things go and if we get rain in May. I do think May is gonna be a record setting month.

Pearl of Wisdom from the Mind of WEL
Better not neuter your tomcat, he will probably turn into a liberal.(think about it)

3 comments:

  1. Could be, although that is only my observation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bill!

    My best friend had both his knee joints replaced last year and has done very well, pain free and can move around great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that, me and needles have a little problem. I hope to get the right one done mid- June and left one 6 weeks latter. They have got me limited way Too much. I just have too many things to do so I better not wait any longer.

    Besides, I feel like if I can get knee pain free, it will be easier to get closer to the end of my journey.

    ReplyDelete