Monday, October 31, 2011

Post pounder

Howdy from the land of new fences and weekend projects!

I finally got a few things scratched off my "to do" list this weekend.The past few weekends we have been traveling and generally away from the house.I got a much needed piece of fence built, even though the ground is as hard as a bankers heart. Pounding those tee posts into the ground was a big bunch of work but we got er done. It was really great exercise and in between post I would think that some poor folks pay money to go to the gym while I get to do this for free and enjoy being outside!

So I guess being for ever gym less is a good thing.And like the poem goes--

The wires are running straight and tight
With every post in line
A job you can be proud of
One that stands the test of time

Last week I spoke about having momentum and renewed focus and this weekend was no exception. I ate a whole hell of a lot better. I consumed very few carbs almost no sugar. That makes about 10 days of consistency and I can feel the improvements.

Now between the knee replacement in June until two weeks ago I gained 14 pounds, but it is coming back off now.My goal is to get back to where I was before my next joint overhaul.

One thing for sure, if this next retro fit goes as well as the first one, I 'll really be able to burn some calories when it quits hurting.

This week there is 36 pounds in the vest and IF I go to dancing on the track while I walk maybe I can keep from tripping--LOL

Pearl of Wisdom the Mind of WEL
Guns have only two enemies---RUST and POLITICIANS

3 comments:

  1. Hi Bill!

    I hope you will be all right! I have to say that I have concerns with your gaining so much weight and using a weighted vest. I'm sure you have reasons that I don't know about, but in my opinion it's better to walk further than induce injuries from added unnatural weight. As for the weight gain, I worry that your diet is far from ideal for the journey you have undertaken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr.J
    Thanks , I bet it will turn out just fine.
    Along my journey, I have moved up and down 5-6 pounds over a weekend.Hell, I gained 5 pounds the week I spent in the hostipal and It was not from the good food, fluid I guess.

    You are right , my diet is far from ideal,It is a whole lot better than it was 3 years ago.It is a work in progress.I will get to where I want to be.

    Don't worry, I am learning and loosing---what could be better than that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for explaining that, Bill!

    We want that fluid to water the fields in Texas, and not ourselves :-)

    ReplyDelete