Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My brand



Howdy from the land of flocks of mourning doves and dusty cows!

I have a brand for my cattle, most folks around here have a brand for theirs.It is how I lay claim to what is mine and keep it separate from what is yours.Brands were/are for the most part designed to be read left to right and top to bottom.Most brands have a meaning if only to the person that designed them. Mine is no exception.

The bottom picture is my gate , with my brand on top. It is above the brand CT which was my Grandfather's brand, because I took over after he was gone. The top picture is a bull named Thanks Joe.You can see my brand on top with L1 underneath, which means Laas #1 bull calf and 03 under that which means 2003, the year the calf was born.

All in all, the brands tell the story.

My brand is two "L"s running in a circle OR "Running in Circle L".Why? Because most of my adult life I have felt I have been running in circles.Not quite getting to where I want to be , but trying none the less. Now, I know this is merely a state of mind or an attitude but it is my state of mind. Seems like sometimes I have been walking uphill forever.

This mind set, in part, comes from having an attitude that I want it now because I deserve it. This has led to more poor choices in my life than I care to admit to.The choices I have made have entwined themselves into my head to the point I have a hard time straightening them out. Them old habits die hard.

I suppose I am not unique in the feeling of taking the old two steps forward and one back routine.And , the best thing is continuing to take those two steps, over and over again.

At any rate, yesterday I walked at the track with 24 pounds in my vest.It was not bad.I plan on adding 4 pounds a week until the vest is full again.

It is time to move this quad muscle into shape again as I have decided to go ahead and get the left knee replaced before the end of the year. December 13th looks good with my deductible being met, let's get er done!

The circle continues---I got to go walk for a couple miles. See ya down the road!

Pearl of Wisdom from the Mind of WEL
When asked "how's the world treating you?" I reply "the world ain't treating me, I pay for what I get".

3 comments:

  1. Hey Bill... sounds like you have the bull by the horns! It is good the first knee is working out.

    I'll remember this pearl of wisdom... how true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, Thanks the knee is getting better , whether it wants to or not--LOL

    Dr. J
    Test good

    ReplyDelete