Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Graduation

Howdy from the land of household projects and sore muscles!

I graduated from Physical Therapy and have moved upstairs to some weight machines. I am gonna be using these machine and the program the PT set up for me to get both quads back in good shape.Today was the first day and I can tell I will be a little sore tonight.

Hopefully,I will be cleared to ride my bike next week.If so,I'll ride at lunch and do my little program three mornings before work.

There has been much discussion in the news about Paula Dean and her health issues.Surely, it comes as no surprise that she would develop Diabetes.I guess everyone is upset that she did not tell the "public" about her issues earlier and change her menus that same day.Does not surprise me she did neither.To me, it doesn't matter.I can't save Paula and she can't save me.I would not ride to where she lives to eat at her joint, I just can't seeing needing 23 recipes for Sweet Potatoes!

Call me a cynic but I don't trust most folks in the news, on radio or on TV.I find most all of them are promoting themselves to make a buck regardless of good common sense. Paula is like Charles Barkley, rich? yes,driven? yes,a role model? NO

Pearl of Wisdom from the Mind of WEL
Want a role model, ya should have known my Grandpa

6 comments:

  1. Wait a minute Bill! Are you telling me that I'm not suppose to believe, without question, the things I see on TV? Could Charles Barkley really be a paid spokesman for WW? Would Paula Deen really withhold the fact that she had Diabetes because it may have hurt her cookbook sales?

    I'm sorry Bill, you're just too mistrusting for me. What are you going to tell me next? That the P90X guy's program can't get me ripped in 90 days? LOL!

    No, seriously, good post, and I'm with you. Focus, and listen, more to the man and woman in the mirror than folks trying to sell you crap you don't need on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes sir my friend. But I have one question--how in the hell does the government expect us to cut down on salt when we have to use so much on the crap we see on TV?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now she's been diagnosed with high blood pressure.

    The concept of role models has been debated plenty. Almost all of us are a roll model for someone. Some of us roll better than others :-)

    I saw a lot of square tires growing up that had an affect on the choices I made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe your are right but I think she (and those like her)are more entertainers than role models. I believe we make a choice on those we want to be our role model---and there lies the rub.

    But one never knows just who and how we touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe your are right but I think she (and those like her)are more entertainers than role models. I believe we make a choice on those we want to be our role model---and there lies the rub.

    But one never knows just who and how we touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I think back in my life, sometimes I'm sorry I couldn't thank some of the positive role models. I like to think that they knew.

    I had the experience at a national meeting where a former student of mine told me he became a surgeon because of me! That really felt nice. Hopefully, he became a good one, lol!

    ReplyDelete