Tuesday, August 25, 2009

What motivates you?

Howdy from the land of long road trips and Oryx meat in the ice chest!

Yep we had a long road trip and Mac smacked and sacked a real fine Oryx bull in New Mexico. We got a big box full of protein to boot.

While walking my Full Pak Trac on Monday I passed a co-worker(I don't get to pass too many) and he asked "Bill , how do you stay motivated to come out here everyday?"

Well, I gave him the ---hell I like it, I love to sweat,yada yada answer. The rest of my walk I thought about the question more and more.Then when I got back to the office I read Muata's post at www.mrlowbodyfat.com and wham! did it answer that question better than I ever could.

I don't know what it is but Muata has the most timely articles and posts I have ever seen.

This one was by Coach Charles Staley called "Why I don't want to clean 315 pounds"

In his article ,that you ought to go read, Coach Staley says--you are exactly where you want to be right now" meaning you are satisfied if not you would do something about it.He asks a couple a tough love questions--
#1 do you have a goal?what is it?
#2 have you arranged your entire life in a way that will support your accomplishment of that goal?

Another one of the lessons I learned in this article is to develop an attitude that I am not satisfied where I am right now---thus it becomes easy to keep working toward my goal.

I am not satisfied where I am now ----and that is a much better answer to my co-workers question than the one I gave.

Eat Less Move More-----make a goal, write it down---call the problem,ask for the solution,devise the method,achieve the answer!

Pearl of Wisdom form the mind of WEL
When you wallow with pigs,expect to get dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment