Thursday, December 17, 2009

An average guy does the math

Howdy from the land of straight talkers and frustrated voters!!

I just don't know how the American people can hire as many card carrying social parasites as we do and send them to Washington to run OUR business.There ain't three of the whole damn bunch that has sense enough to pour piss out of a boot!

WOW, I feel better now.

I was thinking about my fat loss trip and how far I have come and how far I want to go. Back eighteen months ago , I really did not think I could get below 250 pounds, but I did.With each pound lost there was a pound of knowledge and a pound of confidence gained.While some of the effort to lose fat has not been easy , some has been simple to do.

Now that last sentence might sound a little contradicting but I have already told ya, I am kinda strange some times.

If I set about rating the effort to lose fat vs. the satisfaction of staying where I was and getting to where I want to be , it would look like this:

On a scale of 1-10----10 being hardest

How hard was it staying at 305 pounds? 10
How hard was it to start my journey? 8
That is +2 for beginning my trip.

How hard is it to be satisfied at where I am now? 8
How hard is it to continue with my trip? 4
That is +4 for moving on down the road AND it is getting easier!

When I say it was hard to stay at 305 pounds, I mean it was hard physically and emotionally. It was a drain looking and feeling like a slob.I knew it was at the time but had just damn near given up on any meaningful change.I know more than ever now, how hard it was. And, I'll bet a dime to a doughnut hole that if you are in the same situation YOU know how hard it is on you too.

Do the math-be honest with yourself-if I can do this anyone can.I have the same amount of control today as I did on 12-17-07----only now I choose to use some of the control I have.

Do yourself a favor and do the math.

If on the other hand you do the math and you decide that it is easier to stay the way you are and not take control over your life, I would suggest you send a Christmas card to your doctor. You will get to be close friends with him in time.

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL
Getting the truth situated in your mind sometimes is like nailing jelly to a tree.

2 comments:

  1. Inertia is hard to overcome but once you get it going and keeping it going is a cinch.

    Never enough said about this but I realized it as I was jogging my mountains this weekend. I would have never attempted such a thing unless I had started a couple of years earlier.

    Who knows the heights we are capable of unless we take that fist all important step.

    Great points Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, I agree, thanks for keeping me grounded.
    Have a Merry Christmas and a Safe New Year.
    Bill

    ReplyDelete