Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Food ---a BIG THING ?

Howdy from the land of Christmas lights and the smell of wood smoke!

In an article posted on MLBF the other day Coach Maxwell is answering the most often asked question he gets----"What do you eat?"

Well, he has that what ya eat thing down to a science or should I say solid life style? Anyway, he made a statement towards the end of the article that goes---"I enjoy my food but it is no big thing."

Man now that is a mouthful!!I have planned 24 hour long drives by where we would eat breakfast or supper. Every family get together is planned around the FOOD, always has been.What is the big deal, you ask? I have been managing fairly well for 18 months, why wonder about it now?

I wonder about it now,concerned is more accurate, because FOOD is still a big deal. I still plan every damn meal. The last year I have planned most meals very well. But I still plan, it is still a BIG THING.I am concerned that I will never get to the point that "I enjoy my food but it is not a big thing".I worry that the FOOD is no different to me that the booze is to the alcoholic-----even if they never have another drink the alcohol is still a BIG THING.

BUT, if I ever get to the point that FOOD is not a BIG THING, then BAM!!!just like that I got the world by the ass on a down hill drag!!

I guess, I will just have to keep working on the issues I got and keep reading the road signs along the fat loss highway.Maybe one day the BIG THING will not be so BIG.

If you think of a way to get over that hurdle let me know.

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL
What don't kill ya, will make you stronger.

2 comments:

  1. Good post Bill, and I can completely understand where you're coming from. We live in a culture that centers around food. It's part and parcel of our society. Our kids do something special, we take them out to eat. Honey gets a promotion at work, let's head to our favorite restaurant. So, it's not just you my friend, it's 95% of us! The good thing is that while we may never fully view food like Steve, we don't have to allow food to control our lives the way it did in the past ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muata, thanks.
    I agree that alot of us are getting a death grip on food's control of us.Thanks for the comment my friend.

    ReplyDelete