Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The end of 2008 was right on my ass.It was going to be an eventful month.I made several decisions this month that I feel were really important to me. Let me give ya a run down of the month.

I weighed 261 on Dec.6 , this is up from the end of November.But as I have said before I can bounce 3-5 pounds from Sunday until Thursday.I started walking 2 1/2 miles at lunch. I am fortunate to work for a company that has an employee park across the highway from our office with a one mile walking track . I started walking over there and around the track twice, which totals 2 1/2 miles. I walk it in about 45 minutes. And yes my knees hurt like hell.

I have had meniscus surgery on both knees and have no cushion so jogging is out of the question.

On Dec. 6 Janet and I went to a friend's wedding that my son Mac was in and we had a blast, danced up a storm. First time I danced in several years. Knees didn't hurt---had enough Crown so they didn't care about the abuse.

On Dec.10 I found out from my medical records that in 1996 I weighed 288 pounds. This was a surprise because #1 I thought I was not that heavy back then and #2 I weigh less than that now.

Also, this month I came across a story of inspiration on Mr.Low Body Fat's (Muata) site.Go look up www.theantijared.blogspot.com and read about Tony. Damn , you talk about a turn around, what commitment,what will power. Tony is like the pig in the breakfast of bacon and eggs----you know ---in this breakfast the chicken (eggs) is dedicated, but the pig (bacon) is committed.This man has lost over 200 pounds in less than a year.

In addition to all this Janet and I went to Las Vegas, yippee. We had never been and wanted to see the sights. We had fun, saw some shows, Hover Dam and lost a total of $3 dollars. We are not much of a gambler.We walked a lot and my knees were really hurting.We ate quite a bit and drank too much. But we got er done and that is that. You other folks can have the rest of Vegas, cowboy Bill does not need to go back unless it is to the rodeo or the PBR.

Santa Claus came and brought me a food scale, because I wanted to be able to count my calories with more accuracy.I found out I was doing just exactly like Dr.Ellis said in the book---under-reporting.Now I have a real good way to add up my calories for $50.

When we got back from Las Vegas I could hardly walk my right knee was bad off. As in fall down at work the first day back trying to step up on the curb. I figured I would have to have at least one knee replacement in 2009. I found some joint supplement and ordered it. I have used several over the years and they never helped much. This product is called Trigosamine. It came in in January.

The bottom line in December was, I ended the month at 261.2, no loss, no guilt but I will admit I did have some doubts. I wondered if I could ever break below 250 pounds. I wondered if I would be able to walk much and do some of the things on my bucket list.I wondered if I would far ever more be a grouchy pain ridden asshole.

I came across a note in my day book on Dec. 18---I wonder if drinking alcohol is making my joints hurt worse? Some people on the web think so.

At the end of the month I made some decisions
#1 cut way back on alcohol
#2cut down to one diet coke per day
#3walk 2 1/2 miles 4 times a week if knee allows
#4 eat some fruit

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL
Sometimes the eggs ain't worth the wear and tear on the chickens ass.Sometimes they are. You decide.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your knees. How are they now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being pain free, they are a3 now. In December they were a 9+.Stay tune , they get better in the next post.

    ReplyDelete