Friday, February 13, 2009

WOW, I got thru the heat of summer. If you are not from South Texas July,August and September are hotter than the hinges of hell.But most years we are blessed with sunshine,humidity and mesquitos.

I started off feeling down, not sick, just down, not enthused---depressed. Don't really know why but I was. I felt I was not getting any place fast.

I started the month off at 269 pounds.My knees continued to hurt. I was still taking 800-1000mg of Ibuprofen walking 3-4 times a week in the pasture and doing some Turbulence exercises. My goal for this month was to lose enough fat to get to 263.8. Why would my goal be an odd number? I don't really know, but at the time I thought my loss was being offset by gaining some lean muscle so 5.2 pounds of fat loss sounded good.

On Muata's blog a came across Mr. Maxwell's Joint Mobility Exercises, The Daily Dozen.These were not hard to do and I could do them in my office (with the door closed) at lunch. After a couple weeks I began to feel better. I sensed I had more flexiblity and was to gain some muscle mass in my legs and back.

I was stilling eating an average of 2000 calories a day. I had quit going to town with Janet for lunch and was bringing my lunch to work. I found the smells at any cafe made me want to eat the wrong food and way too much of it. I could get gas across the street from Popeye's chicken and getting instantly hungry from the smell.

By the end of the month I could tell I was begining to gain momentum. Things were coming together.

The nuts and the bolts of October were #1 continued education #2 better choices #3 building muscle and MOMENTUM.By then end of the month I felt better and weighed 263.4.
Goal met!!

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL
You can do anything you want to , if you work hard and are willing to pay the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment