Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My goal for August was to lose 8 pounds of fat.I started out at 280.2 pounds and went out and bought me a new scale. I started weighing myself just before bed and first thing in the morning. I also wrote down each weight in my day book. Over time I learned several things from this routine.#1 I weigh .8-1.4 pounds less in the morning than the night before. #2 I will typically weigh the least on Thursday morning for the week. Some of this is from being the most regimented on food consumption during the week. On the weekends I am usually running around the ranch and doing chores and eat more than during the week.

I also enjoy Crown Royal over ice, sometimes with some water. If I have a few drinks on the weekend I will "bounce" up on my weight 2 pounds from Sunday morning to Monday morning.As I have said before, I ain't no doctor but I feel this is fluid and by Tuesday fall back to Friday morning's weight.

I also learned that by starting the Turbulence Exercises my weight loss would slow BUT my muscles were increasing. I knew I was losing some fat because of the fit of my clothes.

So, August was very important to me because of how much I learned. I finsihed the end weighing 275.2. I did not meet my goal, but I did not feel bad. In fact, I felt real good. I had learned alot about calories, fat,weight,exercise and most important of all---ME.

In August and September I began to come to grips with several facts. And you may get tired of hearing this but---Go to Muata's site and get an education.He is not the only one that has and gives this knowledge freely, but for me he was the first person that related to me as a---I BEEN THERE DONE THAT GUY. And he does not talk down to me.One thing Muata said in a post was that I would need to learn why it was I over ate -it was not because I was hungry. This is as important to me as finding out how many damn calories was in a glazed doughnut.

Well that is the whole sack of potatoes for August, I am gonna try to update my blog by going thru my day book month by month.

I will try not to stray too far from the calendar but I will add a few things that happen to me in real time as I catch up to date.As anyone can tell, I am not an author but I try to get my point across.I started my bog on 2-5-09. Hells bells, I had a comment from a reader, and it was a real thrill.I can tell ya I am glad Janet( my squeeze) encouraged me to start a blog. Also, Muata sent me an email and made me feel like a king, what a treat.

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL
The only thing worse than being ignorant , is being old and ignorant.

No comments:

Post a Comment