Monday, March 30, 2009

Cowboy goes High Tech

Greetings from the land of milk and honey.
Today is Monday and I had a real good weekend.By my Caltrak I burned 3182 and 3056 calories on Saturday and Sunday.I feel so much better than I did 8 months ago it is unreal.

I also went by Academy and bought a Weighted Vest. You can add from 0-40 pounds in the vest. High Tech stuff, it has 1 pound bags of steel shot so you can add as many as you want.Breathable mesh vest so the sweat can hit the ground while I fly around the track.

The reason I bought this high tech gear is, my back was beginning to hurt down low from my back pack with the sand bag in it. So I felt this would be better and today I will give it a try with 20 pounds in it. I will let you know how it feels.

Also, Muata suggested I get some trekking poles to use while walking in order to work my upper body. The trekking poles would work the same as the ski poles while cross country skiing.

So being that I am all into "Go Green" instead of buying a pair of carbon fiber poles I got two cedar stays from my son and whittled me a pair of poles. I have to get me some straps today and tomorrow---look out--folks can think once again---Bill is weird!!

My poles weigh a total of 6 pounds and I have counted and ciphered that I would pick them up around 2500 times during my walk.That my friend is picking up 15,000 pounds while I walk!!Don't worry , if that is too much I can always throw them down and come back and get them.----Pole report in a couple of days.

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL
Even a blind hog will find a acorn every once in a while.

1 comment:

  1. I like the blind hog saying!

    Kudos on the vest and the green friendly walking sticks. Thats pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete