Tuesday, March 3, 2009

February 2009

Welcome back, we are all most caught up to real time on my fat loss journey.

I started off the month weighing 250.8 and setting a new goal of getting down to 245 pounds.My goal of getting below 250 pounds for the first time in 25 years was well within my reach. AND on Feb. 4 I weighed 249!

I cannot describe how good this felt. I was really amazed. I told Janet and she seemed really glad for me.I looked back thru my day book several times that day to reflect on reaching this milestone.

Janet also told me a should start a blog like Muata and Tony had done, because I might inspire someone to start a fat loss trip also. I was real hesitant being that just a few months ago I didn't even know what a blog was.

I had been sending Muata comments on his posts for a while and mentioned my fat loss at 56 pounds. He immediately sent me an email of encouragement and asked to allow him to spotlight my journey on his site.What a thrill, but I was reluctant.What if I failed to complete my journey? Me inspire someone else?It is strange how we think sometimes.

On 2-5-09 I learned how to start a blog, hot dog, even a blind hog can find an acorn every once in a while.

On 2-6-09 I carried my 20 pound pack a full 2 1/2 miles--Full Pak Trak , I named it.Damn I was feeling good.

NOW GET THIS, on 2-11-09 I had a comment from a viewer of my blog.What a thrill this was for me.I can not put into words how one comment made me feel and how much Janet was right when she told me it would be good for me to write this trip down.

I averaged a week in my day book, I was eating an average of 2249 calories and burning 3120. This is good for me.More or less a typical week.I was cutting calories(not dieting) and not feeling deprived . I was not "working out" I was "practicing" ---I would Practice walking with my full pak trak, practice shooting my bow for upper body strenght , practice walking on the treadmill----hell practice just sounds so much better than "working out".

All this calorie cutting and practicing lead me to 2-26-09, I weighed 245 pounds of educated, fat burning,joy.

That makes 60 pounds of lard lost so far.

This posts also takes me to almost real time in my journey.Come travel with me , if I can do this anyone can. I am a regular guy with regular dreams and demons.Don't let your demons kill your dreams.

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL

(kinda gave it away) Even a blind hog will find an acorn every once in a while.

2 comments:

  1. I remember my first comment on my blog. It feels amazing *nods* 60 pounds down is awesome. I hope to achieve that some day. Kudos to you, man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truely appreciate your making comments, they make me feel great.

    I have learned so much so far, one thing I have learned,I have control to lose 1 pound at a time.If I can do this anyone can.

    Work hard, live large,move more, be happy.

    ReplyDelete