Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Brutally Honest Soap Box

I have made a solid goal for May--get below 228 pounds of wonderfully positive Muscle (at least more muscle than a year ago).

But I am going to break one of my rules today, I am going to get up on my soap box. Now I said early in my blog career that I would only write about what works for me and not what someone else should do ---but hell it is my blog so I can deviate some if I want to.

Now 99.9% of the people that know about my Fat Loss Journey have been wonderful and supportive and I thank all of you. But one has been a toot( that is a nice way of saying a hemorrhoid).

Now I have one person that is negative about my journey and their ability to loss some fat. The bad part is they don't direct the negative comments directly to me , but I over hear them.Comments like"I can never lose weight""he will gain everything back" "life is too short to sacrifice all the time" are beginning to piss me off. So, in an effort to get away from being pissed off I am going to get on my soap box and vent and get it over with.

SOAP BOX-

If you want to make a change for the better, do it.It is kinda like shooting doves, when there are 100s of doves flying around ya and you are trying to hit em all--you miss. You got to shoot one at a time. It is the same with losing 10-20-50-100 pounds of fat, you have to lose one at a time.Make 1 good decision, 1 good choice,1 good effort---then make another, look in front not behind.

BUT, if you want to go thru life eating what you think is good because you "deserve it" or you want it "now because life is short" then quit your bitching. The rest of us don't to be drug back down in the land of "I can't move without hurting".

I am of the opinion the hard part about being morbidly obese is not falling down dead from a heart attack--that is the easy part. The hard part is falling down with a heart attack and someone screaming"Oh God help him" and some well meaning medico shocking your ass and you waking up with steel wires in your sternum. Or having a stroke and living for years and years in a bed with someone having to come wipe your ass because you can't. If that is what you want then hell go for it--BUT quit your bitching.

Years ago , I heard of a medical study where hundreds of terminally ill patients were interviewed.Not one said they wanted one more day to work for the company, not one said they wanted one more taco, one more bowl of ice cream---they all said they wanted one more day with their family,their friends or their God.

We all make choices in this life, some sooner than others, but rest assured, you WILL pay for every choice you make , just like me.

END of SOAP BOX

I feel so much better now.

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL
Making a decision is like pulling off a band aid, just jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment