Thursday, May 14, 2009

Hathcock

Greetings from the land of Hoppy Dog and Leroy.

In reading Muata's site-www.mrlowbodyfat.com & Tony's -www.theantijared.blogspot.com I keep seeing questions from people on "how can I do this?" "what should I eat?" "tell me what exercises to do".

But in reading all around the web and looking at what 100s of people are doing to be successful losing fat it is evident that they all have one common factor. No they don't all eat cauliflower or they have not all quit eating meat, sugar,bread,cheese or even Snickers Bars. They have all reduced the number of calories they eat AND/OR increased the number of calories they burn.**the Energy Equation**

The point I am making is there is a PLAN for everyone, it is called **eat less move more**

What I stuff in my pie whole is not as important to anyone else as it is to me.I have to find my way in this journey.If I didn't find a way to travel this journey and what will work for me I would be doomed for failure.I don't want to abandon my whole life history for the rest of my life.I want to eat a piece of Aunt Annie Pearl pound cake once in a while, I want to eat Janet's sour dough bread and her one and only world famous tea cakes AND I can while continuing to lose fat IF I realize how much I eat and how much I burn---and most importantly for me---WHY.

Yes I said WHY.One thing I keep learning is "why" I eat some things.A lot of the time I am not hungry but there is a trigger. Last night we watched the season final of LOST---crap I love/hate that damn show. The whole plot is a Dick Cheney/Nancy Palosi plot to rule the world--LOL. But because I watched to boob tube for 2 hours(much longer than normal) I was craving some popcorn.WHY-I was bored. Well I popped the corn and timed my nibbling to last until the end of the show.

The point of all this rambling is, we all have to find our way in our fat loss journey.What works for me may not work for you.What I try once may not work for me and I may have to try again and again.For now, I have found a path that is working.While some people around here may not agree with my path it seems to be leading me in the direction I want.

I will leave you with a quote from a book about Gunnery Sargent Carlos Hathcock--Marine Sniper

"It is not the critic that count, not the one who points out how the strong man stumbled or how the doer of deeds might have done them better.the credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.Whose face is marred with sweat and dust and blood.Who strives valiantly,who errs and comes up short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy cause. Who,if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievements and who if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL
Read above again!

No comments:

Post a Comment