Thursday, January 14, 2010

Hauling ass

Howdy from the land of Bartlett pears and Fuji apples!

There is a saying that goes---life is like a roll of toilet paper, the less paper on the roll the faster it spins.

Life is like that, the older I get the faster time flies. I guess it has been that way with every generation.It is already mid January---crap Christmas will be here before you know it.

I often think we all run in too high of a gear. Always in a rush to go here and do this, or buy this and live like this. We forget what is really important----family, love,laughter,friends,sights , smells ----the little things we will never get back and all those things that no one not even the federal government can take from us---our memories.

We speed thru life and wake up one day obese and worn out---why, because we did not pay attention to the important stuff.

While, in my last post , I felt somewhat discouraged with my journey, I should remember the important stuff about where I am at and how I got here. In 4 weeks I will go back to Van Horn, Texas ----if the Lord is willing and the creek don't rise. I was in better shape last year than any year I have gone previously. I am in a lot better shape this year.This year I am around 30 pounds lighter, able to walk twice as far and carry 50% more weight in my pack than last year. And that MARTHA is a GOOD THING!

My point is, in slowing down and really paying attention to the important stuff---my health--- I have improved my health , my strength and my attitude.

Like my friend Muata will tell ya, consistent practice and strength building wins the race.

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL
Slow down damnit, ya might see a rabbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment