Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Technology is something

Howdy from the land of high hopes and slippery slopes!!

I have often thought that most of us walk down a razor thin edge between feast and famine.One minute we got the word by the ass on a down hill drag, the next next it's "Oh Crap, how did I get in this situation?".

I was talking to a good friend of mine yesterday about my boss's wife and her heart problem. He said he had heard a line in a song that said "we are all one phone call away from being on ours knees". Man how true that is!!One call, one miss step, one slippery slope.

That got me to thinking about 91+ pounds ago and how thin the ice was I was walking on. I guess I had better balance back then than I gave myself credit for because a step one way and I was a 305 pound lard ass that could function a little , one step the other and I was a 305 pound lard ass with someone young punk shocking me with some paddles.

Now I will be the first to tell ya , I can't go through life on "what ifs" or "this might happen" but we have the tools in this world to help keep us back from the edge of the abyss.We have so much technology available to us , we sometimes forget that we have some control over what happens to us.

Hell, at the touch of a button we can see what is happening on the other side of the world, we can plot our drive to another state,we can call someone and don't even need to slow down.Technology has given us pregnancy status by peeing on a stick,we can fix a clogged artery in your heart as a routine(although major) surgery.We can order goods at the speed of light and even track where your package is-----BUT----there is always a damn but----we still want to blame McDonald's or Wendy's' or our job or our genes that we are morbidly obese----------and that my friends is a load of cold cat crap!!

We have technology available to tie up your stomach and force you to loss weight.And by all accounts it will work. I know some folks that have had it done.But even with the technology, you have to change the way you live, the way you eat, and the way you look at yourself. The hard part is there is no technology to make these changes , the task lies with each of us.

I am here to tell you , you can make these changes.If I can make them , anyone can. It is not easy and there will be detours along the way, but if I can , you can.If you doubt what I say, then by all means look for yourself.We have the technology----get on the Web, the successes are out there. Folks all around the world are discovering self fulfilment by taking control of their lives and shedding the fat.

With every click of a button I can find someone that is living the same problem as I am. I can find someone that has been there and done that.I can find someone that understands.Don't take it from me, find out for yourself.

Tonight, with the help of Technology, we have the ablity to hear a whole load of cold cat crap----called the State Of The Union----I am better off looking in the morror and looking at the State Of Bill. I have much more control over my state and can tell the difference when I try to lie to myself-----ain't Technology great!!

Pearl of Wisdom form the mind of WEL

If ya hear a politican talking, hold your wallet.

2 comments:

  1. I want you to know that you have inspired my to get up and exercising and changing the way I eat and trying, no I will say changing, the way I think about food. I have been on this change for a week and a half and expected to lose a couple of pounds the first week, but I lost 10 pounds. There are many more pounds to go.

    Last week I was starving at night and this week I have to make myself eat five times a day. And, yes I know that I won't lose 10 pounds again this week. We will see. But, clearly you and a couple of other events are my inspiration.

    I said to myself go whole hog into a program and stop fiddling around.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad for you. I know you can accomplish anything you want to.This jourmney is well worth the effort. One step at a time, one pound at a time.

    have fun ,move some,laugh at yourself a little each day.

    ReplyDelete