Tuesday, February 2, 2010

To preach OR not to preach?

Howdy from the land super bowl pots and cheese whizz nachos!

Well,for those of you who don't know me, I have been accused on a couple of occasions as being OUTSPOKEN. I don't know why but I have.

Today in the hall I had a lady in the building commenting on my journey and she switched gears into her troubles and her weight and her genes and her big bones.This went on for several minutes with me trying to encourage her and listen. The common theme in her conversation was #1 she had no clue how many calories she eats and #2she only moves from the car to the chair , back to the car and to the chair in front of the TV.

After, 10 minutes of this life style enlightenment, I kinda told her "quit stuffing so much junk in yer pie hole and get up off your butt and move".

And , I'll bet you'll never guess what she said to me???She said I was just like everyone else, just preaching to her!

Ok , maybe I was preaching. Mac would say I was brutally honest.

This got me to thinking about. And I hope my little blog does not sound like I'm preaching but sometimes ya got to call a spade a spade.

Now in an effort to not sound like I am preaching let me tell ya what old Bill has learned on my trip----I am getting old ,so I will probably not mention everything I've learned, but here goes:I've learned

what a calorie is and that the damn thing is KING
that movement uses calories
that I can take in more calories in 10 minutes than I can use in 4 hours
that I don't need sugar---I want sugar
that a habit is a habit ,and a habit I can break
only I have control of what I eat
I can not wish fat off my body, I got to want it off-----bad
the television is a damn communist plot to kill me off with a heart attack
if I go outside and sit down I am not as hungry as if I sit inside
carrots are really sweet
38" jeans look better than 46" jeans---but cost the same , which doesn't make sense
that by educating myself on sound weight loss facts I am succeeding
that if I want to lose fat I need to eat some fat
that if I want to lose some weight I need to pick up some weight
the worse I feel before a practice session the better I feel afterwards

I know I have learned so much that my mind gets clogged up but you see the point.

Learn something about the trip you want to take.Don't just listen to me preach, find out for yourself----------and

if all else fails, quit stuffing junk in your pie hole and get up off your ass.

Pearl of Wisdom form the mind of WEL
Today's mighty oak is just yesterdays nut, that held it's ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment