Friday, February 26, 2010

Why not the big picture?

Howdy from the land of Ike & Tina--Hoppy & Leroy--Pixie & Miller---all dogs!

Back when I started this trip my doctor asked me how much I wanted to lose and I could not answer.Only that I wanted to lose the LAST TWENTY POUNDS. I did not know what that would be. I still don't know exactly.

One good thing I did , was I did not look at the big picture( I did not realize it was a good thing at the time). I did not look at where I was ---305 pounds ---and say I want to lose 103 pounds. If I had I don't think I would have come as far as I have.

The big picture would have been over whelming.The small details were best for me to focus on. By paying attention to the details the big picture falls in line and become more manageable.

For several months paying attention to the details was easy. I was focused and driven.

The past 3-4 months I have lost sight of the details.Part of the reason I lost sight of the details is my success while I was watching them.---Sounds odd, I suppose, but because I could lose on Monday and Tuesday what I bounced up over the weekend, I began to feel like I could do this forever.

Well, I am here to tell ya, when life slings a cow turd at ya , ya need to keep watching. If you dodge a few turds and get to thinking you got this game by the ass, BAM !! one will hit ya!!

The past 3 months have been hit or miss, and I have gained some weight.Well, hell today's a new day. And, do you know what I get to do? Oh come on , GUESS!!

Hells Bells, you are no fun----I get to go out and lose FAT!!

How ya ask?? With a renewed focus on details.
Detail #1----I put the last 2 pounds in my vest--total 40 pounds
Detail #2----I plan on going back to weighing ALL my food
Detail #3----I plan on doing BWE 5 times a week

Pay attention to details----focus on each line item, the big picture will take care of itself.

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL
For the want of a nail a shoe was lost,for the want of a shoe a horse was lost,for the want of a horse a rider was lost, for the want of a rider a battle was lost, for the want of a battle the WAR was LOST.

No comments:

Post a Comment