Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Mind games

Howdy from the land of peach trees and blooming dewberry vines!

Yep, it looks like a wonderful spring approaching us.

If you have read some of my older posts, you will note that when I started my fat loss journey I was really concerned about my weight.I still am but not to the extent I once was.In the beginning, I would weight faithfully twice a day.

I would weigh at night just before bed and the first thing in the morning.I would write the weights in my day book. I would plot graphs and scheme what my next checker board move would be based on my weight.

After several months I noticed I would 'bounce" up 1-3 pounds over the weekend and lose that same amount from Monday to Tuesday. After a while I began to make poor choices on the weekend knowing I could lose it by Tuesday.I was playing games with myself. Now I was learning a lot also but looking back, I was still playing mind games.

Muata will tell you that fat loss is as much a mental challenge as a physical one and I agree.

For the past two months I have focused more on gaining strength than losing weight. I still have a burning desire to lose FAT and by gaining muscle I am losing some fat. Kinda like trading quarters for a dollar. I can tell I am losing some fat in the process by the way my skin is hanging and clothes are fitting.In the past two months I have only been weighing once a day, in the morning. I still notice a bounce on the weekend, all fluids, and still lose the bounce by Tuesday.

However, I think because I know about the bounce and I know about the loss of the bounce and on Tuesday I confirm this Bounce----I am still using the info to play a little game with myself.

SOOOO--I came up with a new mind game.In April I am gonna weight twice ----April 1 and April 30.That will teach me to play mind games for a damn month and not a week.I think it will be a challenge to stay off the scale for 30 days, but that is the plan.I think it will also make me more mindful of my food choices on the weekends.

I'll post a weight tomorrow to kick off the April Games-----and it won't be no April Fool's joke.

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL
Inside every old person is a young person saying---"What the hell happened!"

1 comment:

  1. MAN YOU BETTER BELIEVE THAT.
    wHEN FEELING PEPPY AND RESTED THE
    MIND SAYS 'YOU CAN MOW THE YARD AND
    RUN THE WEED EATER TODAY' HALF WAY THROUGH
    THE MOWING THE BODY SAYS 'YOU CAN NOT MAKE ANOTHER ROUND
    And stay away from the mirror---depression will
    grab ya.
    BUT LIFE IS GOOD BECAUSE YOU GET TO VIEW THE RESULTS
    OF YOUR LABORS=4+11+10=25 AND JUNE BRINGS ANOTHER

    ReplyDelete