Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Against the wind both ways

Howdy from the land of strong south winds and let's see--strong north winds!!

Nearly everyday I go ride my bike after work. I am up to 8 miles per day and having a good time with it.But Monday , I swear I rode against the wind both directions!!

I huffed and I puffed and after about five laps I began to cuss---why? because when you are as wide as I am the wind is tuff to challenge. It never relents.I mean come on, it just would not make up it's mind which way it wanted to blow( I thought maybe it was democratic).

Away, after about seven laps I began to laugh at my cussing. That is about the time I thought , hell if the wind wasn't blowing I would have to ride 12 miles just to burn the calories I am burning today in 8!!

I did not mind the wind after that.

Pearl of Wisdom from the Mind of WEL
You can tell alot from a man by the way he treats his horses.

2 comments:

  1. I think that's one of the unwritten rules of bike riding :-) Glad you are riding so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice on the bike, my friend.It is funny to me how I tend to always want it to be EASY.

    ReplyDelete