Thursday, March 31, 2011

Quitting the herd

Howdy from the land of butter flies and yellow clover blooms!

The ladies asked me if I wanted to go eat lunch with the group today. I said nope, but that they could go walk with me, they said nope.

Now three years ago I would have went to lunch with them. I always went into town at lunch and had a "good" meal.In this town the choices are Mexican food , BBQ or fast food.So just about any way ya cut it , you are looking at 1000+ calories.

Now days I walk at lunch 95% of the time and eat around 450 calories.

In quitting the herd and eating this way I get to #1 burn some calories #2 control my calorie intake better and #3 I don't lose near as many arguments at lunch ( because my herd is down to one). WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER !!!

Another thing I have come to realize is, I look forward to walking at lunch! Oh,on occasion my legs will feel dead I will take a break.

I better change clothes the herd is gathering.

Pearl of Wisdom from the Mind of WEL
There are two theories to arguing with a woman---neither one works.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Bill!

    I use to try letting the woman think she won and came around to my idea but after a bit she was on to me so I can say there are at least three ways that don't work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really sad that those are the only food options available. It makes me feel very lucky to live where I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've often used the lunch hour for exercise! Good for you, Bill!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Westwood, don't be sad, the best option for lunch is mine----bring what I want, eat,smile and walk.Thanks for the note.

    Dr.J
    Good for us both! Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete