Friday, March 11, 2011

Strong enough

Howdy from the land of thistles and burr clover!

Spring is here in South Texas, the weeds are coming up green and strong.

What makes one person do the right thing and the next person do something they know is wrong?What makes one of us make a good choice or a poor choice? I have the knowledge, I know I do, why do a make a poor choice?

It just makes me wonder sometimes how humans try their best to set their selves up for failure.It seems sometimes I am as weak as a cat. Other times strong enough to succeed.

My journey did not start out with the end in mind. My journey started out with the burning question of "can I accomplish anything?".Each step I have come has lead to more strength and better choices.Each mile stone I have reached has given way to picture the path ahead in a clearer focus.

I have often quoted A MER I CAN as a worthwhile banner to carry, but where do we get the strength to pick it up?

For me , I get strength by looking at leadership from unexpected sources.I find strength in things that lots of folks just glance at and don't really look at. I find strength in people , that to most, would not seem all that strong.You know the kind of folks I am talking about.The kind of a man that never brags about himself. The kind of woman that never toots her own horn. The folks that get up everyday and set examples that are mostly ignored by the masses.

Old Art Coles told me one time "You never know what you can put yourself thru , until you have to".He was correct.

Sometimes I worry if I am strong enough.


Pearl of Wisdom from the Mind of WEL
I used to be indecisive, now I am not so sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment