Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Simple man

Howdy from the land of a sometimes over active mind !

Had a friend tell me last year that his wife told him "Ya know Bill is a simple man".

At the time I took that as a compliment. Maybe it was a barb, I don't know.

I got to thinking about that statement on my way to work today. Why? Hell I don't know, I get to thinking about things that happen in the past---sometimes years ago. I think of ways I should have done things different or how I could have said things in a better way.In this process I tend to get things a lot more complicated than is really necessary.

I am , after all, a simple man. I tend to like simple things---simple food, simple clothes,simple questions, simple explanations, simple answers----you get the drift.

I guess that explains my fat loss plan--- Simply Eat Less Move More.

Pearl of Wisdom from the Mind of WEL
I can't complicate things too much, ain't much room in my brain.

8 comments:

  1. Bill, my friend, I know it's been a while since I've left a comment, but I'm still alive and doing well;) I liked this post because I consider myself a "simple man" in the makings. I aspire to be where you are and have folks call me a simple man.

    Hey, I just noticed that you've been blogging for more than 2 years now!! Outstanding Bill ... outstanding ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muata my friend!I have been at the blog for over 2 years and the world can blame you for that!LOL
    It is good to hear from you. I am still working toward the West Coast and picking up my tee shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a plan my friend ... I'm going to work my way to your neck of the woods, so we can go hunting;) I've been watching a show on BBC "Kill It, Cook It, Eat It", and I thought about you when they were hunting deer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come on over to the Wet Back Shack and we cook a chunk of meat.One goal for 2011 is to complete Cowboy Bill's Traveling Grill, then on the road I go!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Bill,

    Simple is actually easier. I now I do better when I have focus.

    I like your plan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks John, it is how we tend to complicate things in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always loved that song, "Tis a gift to be simple."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dr.J, if it is a gift, I am a Blessed man.Thanks

    ReplyDelete