Monday, July 20, 2009

Excuses

Howdy from the land of water lilies and leopard frogs!

For a couple of weeks now I have been mulling over something a fella told me.He said the reason he smokes (when I was telling what a stupid habit that was)was because it keeps him sober. He said he has been sober for three years.I guess he has(had)a drinking problem. Anyway he said smoking keeps him sober----horseshit, is what I say.

I think HE keeps himself sober.The smoking is just an excuse, just a crutch.It is kinda like eating yourself into morbid obesity in order to keep from smoking. Or eating to keep from being depressed. Or eating in order to cope with the perils of everyday life----horseshit is what I say.

These are all excuses---and I have had my fair share of excuses.When it comes right down to it all that matters is -- am I gonna let my excuses run(ruin)my life? Or am I gonna grow up and throw the excuses out the window and admit I am worth taking control of my life and make sensible choices.

Everyone makes excuses, I am no exception.I will continue to make excuses but I think I must be honest with myself about how many,what kinds and how they effect my health.

I don't really know how many calories a excuse has in it but if ya put enough of the dang things together they can kill ya.

Keep watching to see if I can make fewer excuses along the road.

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL
Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a Rain Dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment