Wednesday, July 8, 2009

If a Girl Can Do It

Howdy from the land of summer heat showers and doddle bugs!

Like I said earlier, this week has been a time of reflection on my fat loss journey.In looking back down the road a ways I remembered a thought. It seems now it was a seed in my mind ,kinda like when you get a grass seed in your sock. It is there,you feel it every once in a while, but not all the time. It comes and it goes but you really don't dwell on it for some time.Then it works around and gets in JUST the right spot and BAM there it is and it won't go away.

Well, anyway a couple of years ago I began to really gnaw on the fact that I was morbidly obese---not fat--not big boned--not chunky-------morbidly obese.I have always (it seems) been fat,large,heavy, you name it but something a couple or three years ago got me stuck on thinking more and more about my condition.

It was one of my nieces that planted the seed.

I know several people that had gone down the road of having gastric surgery. And being the weenie that I am, said hell no, not me.

I have a niece that has been heavy most of her life. And while she is a beautiful girl she seemed to gain lots of weight after high school.Then a couple of years ago she lost a bunch of weight. I don't know how much, didn't ask.Never talked to her about how she lost it----strange, I couldn't seem to keep my feet out of my mouth so I just asked around the family kinda quietly rather than talk to her.

Anyway, she lost a large amount of weight and by all accounts lost it by moving more and eating better-----what a damn concept!!

The bottom line was , she looked much healthier,more confident,much more outgoing and more beautiful than ever.I was so impressed with her accomplishment.

AND, I can remember thinking on more than one occasion----if a girl can do that , I ought to be able to do it too!Hell, I am a MAN and I'm tuff.

Now if ya don't like my reasoning, get a grip. But,the seed was planted and I did not even realize it at the time.It was in my mind and given enough time it got in just the right spot and BAM!After awhile the seed got fertilized with my education and the trip began.

Now anyone that needs to lose their fat, need to look no further than me ----because if someone like me can do it----anyone can.Ain't rocket science----eat less/move more.Hell even a girl can do it--LOL

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL
Free your heart from hatred.

No comments:

Post a Comment