Thursday, July 30, 2009

The last twenty?

Howdy from the land of painted buntings and garden spiders!

Well now , I have been thinking of the time when I would use this title on a post. I just couldn't hardly wait for this time to come around.

About 18 months ago I had my physical with my doctor. I talked to him about my weight and asked just what his opinion was.He told me:
#1 I needed to lose weight----DUH!
#2 I was not the kinda person who would want to go the gastric surgery route---Ya Think!
#3 The gastric surgery route still depended on a person "changing" their life style--I Agree!
#4 In his opinion, I should try something along the line of Weight Watchers to make that "change"---Crap!
#5 He suggested I try to lose 25-30 pounds to start and then I would be encouraged to continue--No Problem!

I told him that it was not a trick to lose 25-30 pounds.I have been there and done that 4-5 times.What I wanted to know is how (or maybe IF)I could lose the last twenty pounds.He asked which twenty that would be. I told him I did not know but I guess I would see it when I got there---IF I COULD GET THERE. On the way home and for several months--hell even to this day I am asking myself----which is THE LAST TWENTY??

On 7-25-09 I weighed 223.0 and like I said the other day I have bounced around this month quite a bit.On 7-31-09 I am at 221.4 pounds of energy and enthusiasm.But , despite the bouncing around I feel I am now solidly under 225.

Now this puts me 83.6 pounds of fat I have lost since this trip began. My goal is to get to 205 pounds before the end of the year. This will put me having lost 100 pounds of lard. I think this is a worthy goal and one that I can achieve.

So again I ask is this THE LAST TWENTY?

At this point I really don't know if this is the last twenty, but I do know it is the last twenty I need to lose in order to get down to 205. And when that happens ( notice I did not say IF) it will be great. I will not be thru with the trip for I fear the hard part will just be starting----but that will be my cross to bear.

Right now I remain focused on a mark.Right now I see a trip to California to shake a mentor's hand.Right now I see a light hearted Cowboy from Texas saying good job into the mirror.

Stay with me until the next intersection on the Fat Loss highway, what a ride we will have!

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL
The best sermons are lived not preached.

No comments:

Post a Comment