Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Surrender and Apathy

Howdy from the land of blue gill perch and mulberry trees!

Will Phillips--aka--The Incredible Shrinking Man said on his blog site ( a good site by the way) that OBESITY = Surrender and Apathy. I could not agree more.

I can remember being depressed and down in the mouth about being fat and lazy. I could just sit and have a regular pity party.Then I could decide to go on and eat another doughnut---why the hell not, I'm already fat, nothing is gonna change.I don't care if I wear 46" pants, I'm OK with it. Inside I am OK---horse shit! I was not OK---I had a damn good case of apathy and I had long since surrendered and was trying my best to rationalize both.

Why?

Because to change would be to place all the responsibility and all the accountability on---let's see---ME.Crap---surrender and apathy are the easy choices here boys and girls. The hard part is 20 years down the road, I am still morbidly obese and still can't do squat and I am still here having my little pity party.WHOA is me!!

The road to Fat Loss Valley is not easy, worthwhile?yes, easy no. It can be done,it does not take a rocket engineer, nor a person with the will power of Superman. It does not take a doctor,lawyer,preacher or guidance counselor.All it takes is making up your mind that you no longer want to SURRENDER and you no longer are APATHETIC toward yourself.

I never did like people telling me I can't do something, but I told myself that all the time. I told myself there were reasons beyond my control for my weight.It is easy to solve someone else's problems, harder to solve your own.

I am here to tell ya, don't surrender--start caring about yerself.I did and I am gonna keep it up.

Eat Less Move More

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL
You alone can not save the planet, but you can save yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment