Monday, June 14, 2010

Find a silver lining in the junkie shop blues

Howdy from the land of yellow jackets and garden spiders!

I had one great active hot sweaty weekend sports fans!!Had over 2300 Active calories and 6400 total calories on my Caltrac for the weekend.Yippee!! And that ain't half bad for a gentleman my age---LOL.

Mowed grass ,worked under the house,moved stuff at the barn and then I did some maintenance work on my old welding shop. I have neglected the welding shop for a long time and need the space so I decided to do some repairs.Now I have been accused of being a pack rat and not being really----shall we say say ---NEAT.In fact when I finish with something I generally just drop it right where I stand so I can find it again.Why put it up?? Just go look right where I used it last and BAM there it is.

Anyway, I am at the shop working on some issues and I have to step over this and I trip over that.Well after three or two hours of this , along with the sweat, I get mad and throw something down, then I cuss a little(been know for that too)I sit down and say to myself "myself why in the hell don't ya clean this place up?Huh?"

Then I start to laugh, and say to myself "Myself look at all the extra calories you get to burn by stepping over that winch on the floor?"
" And look at the extra work you give your legs when ya trip over that scrap iron and have to jump to keep from falling down?"

So, boys and girls, the lesson here is ----sometimes ya got to work to find that silver lining in life , but it can be done. Ya got to love it! I got some things done and burned some calories and had a laugh too!!

Another lesson here and also a BLESSING for me is, I am damn sure glad I have a place and a way of life where I can do some work and burn some calories at the same time without having to go to the gym or jog aimlessly down the road. Hot Damn I got it going on!! I pity those poor souls that live in an apartment in the city where the sky is grey and the neighbors don't speak.

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL
It is hard for folks to look at yer ass and read yer mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment