Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hot

Howdy from the land of heat and let's see? HEAT !

Man it was hot the last few days! Hot enough to melt the paint right off the house.

My retired squeeze Janet drove the tractor and I sat on the planter and planted 19 acres of Alicia grass Tuesday and Wednesday and we really got hot, sweaty and worn out ----Grandpa always said ---poor folks got poor ways. But we got 98% of the grass planted and last night it rained.

And on top of all that fun we got some good exercise riding on the tractor, I know because we both got sore muscles.

I got a couple of exercise suggestions on my last post from Muata and I am tweaking my June Cycle accordingly. Get out of the way if ya see me coming , I don't want to run anybody over but I got places to go and people to see.

I had to laugh at one line in Muata's comment----he said my exercise was too ambitious for a feller my age-----MY AGE ! Young kid like him ought to have more respect for his elders!! LOL I love it!!if it wasn't for having 70 year old knees I would feel like let see-----55 again. LOL I just feel great.

Let's go walk on the track----Full Pak Trac----93 degrees, if ya can't get it ya can't stay!!

Pearl of Wisdom form the Mind of WEL
Keep your fences horse high,pig tight and bull strong.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Bill,

    Yep the heat is coming here too. I did a slow jog up the hills in 85 degree heat and got a sweat going for a couple of hours.

    So you are middle aged too? Half behind you and god wiling another half ahead of you? :)

    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be there one day--if the Lord's willing and the creek don't rise.

    A MER I CAN

    Thanks for the comment Buddy.

    ReplyDelete