Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Focus

Howdy from the land of fleas and snails!

Man alive, we got snails ,millions of them, fleas too. I have never seen snails like we have this year.

Focus is the subject of my post today. Focus is a kinda squishy thing for me. Just about the time I get a good grip on it , it seems to squeeze thru my fingers. Along the path that I have been traveling I have noticed the length of time I am able to hold my focus on my journey is increasing.

I will keep my eye on the ball for a few weeks , see success, and after a while I tend to sit back and watch the last shot. Then Focus flies right by me.

I guess my focus is tied to long ingrained habits. Habits that are set after years and years, decades really, of poor choices. I suppose it will take years and years to change the need to FOCUS into just another habit.But hell, it has almost been two years since my journey began. July 1 ,2008 is where my FOCUS started and I can promise I will not loose FOCUS before July 1 , 2010.

If you are having trouble getting a handle on FOCUS --- admit where you are at (call the problem),decide where you want to be (set the goal), come up with a method (get off you ass and get a plan) and then FOCUS ( implement).Sounds simple?

It is simple, not easy. If it was easy the whole world would look like a cast from Bay Watch!

Pearl of Wisdom from the Mind of WEL
A habit is a habit, and a habit you can break.

No comments:

Post a Comment