Thursday, January 13, 2011

I ain't gonna vs. I don't wanna

Howdy from the land of cloudy skies and chilly north winds!

Been kinda cold and gloomy in South Texas for several days.It makes me want to stay inside and rub my hands and knees while sitting beside a fire.

Tuesday when I went outside to walk at lunch it was 38 degrees and a north wind at 26mph gusting to around 33. When the track turns into the wind it made me wonder if it was worth it.I walked my 2 1/2 miles all the while thinking I don't want to ride my bike after work if the wind is this bad.

Now I did not say " I ain't gonna" ride, I said "I don't wanna ride". Why? Because a long time ago I had a smart man tell me "Don't say you ain't gonna, say you don't wanna----I don't wanna is easier to take back".

After I got back from my walk in the wind I felt good and by quitting time I said "hells bells , let us go ride a bike". I wanted to ride. Low and behold the wind was down to around 15mph.

Now it would have been just as easy for me to have talked myself out of riding , during my noonday walk.

I have found the best days to walk, ride or generally burn calories are the days that I really don't wanna do it. I feel the best when I get done.3 years ago this was not the case, 3 years ago I would have made my mind up at noon that I ain't gonna do it at 5pm. Now,it is far better to find a reason to "do it" than an excuse to "not to".

Pearl of Wisdom from the Mind of WEL
Compromise my ass---if I agreed with you , we would both be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment