Monday, January 24, 2011

It is the season

Howdy from the land of wet sand and green winter grass!

Yep, it is the season. The season for winter grass to green up and sausage to be put in the smoke house.Me and Janet made sausage Saturday and the stuffer Mac gave me for Christmas is broke in!I just love the smell of a newly seasoned smoke house.

Home made sausage is nutrition and delicious, like the man said---it will pick you up where you are low down and strengthen you where you are weak. On top of that it is damn fun to make!No young folks sausage just doesn't appear at the HEB by magic.

We worked Saturday at making this batch of sausage and by the time we got it on smoke it was 2:30 and I had forgot to eat lunch. My my but time flies when you are having fun. Needless to say, my balance sheet came out + for calorie burn for the weekend , which is good because weekends are always a challenge for me.

I am doing real good at getting back on the right road to complete my journey down the fat loss highway in 2011.With the detours I made in 2010 I got to back track a little but when I get back to the steep hill I plan on going over the top kinda like a Tom Cat skinning a tree!

Stay tuned, we will sample some fresh sausage in a day or two!

Pearl of Wisdom from the Mind of WEL
Every body ought to have a Treasure Box to keep their Life's Treasures in.

No comments:

Post a Comment