Friday, January 28, 2011

Is a routine good or bad?

Howdy from the land of hay bales and range cubes!

It is a real winter for our country and the cows need feeding.That is the routine in the winter just like fertilizing and hay baling is the routine in the summer.

I have said before I have a harder time on weekends, watching what I eat. The routine I follow during the week is easier but can be boring as well.

My exercises routine tends to get boring sometimes and this week I changed it up ONE day and felt it. So, this is the scenario, I walk Monday and Thursday 2 1/2 miles without my vest, at lunch.After work I ride my bike 3 miles.After each mile I do a few BWE then ride the next mile.On Tuesday and Friday I walk 2 1/2 miles with my 40 lb. vest and then ride the same routine after work. On Wednesday I rest.

So this Wednesday I decide to ride my bike after work and also to just ride 3 miles without stopping to do any BWE. No problem, got er done. But Thursday morning my thighs are sore. Not bad sore but sore and tight until 10-11a.m.Now isn't it funny how just a little change in routine can have a noticeable effect.

So my question is ---is a routine good or bad? Is it better to vary your routine and if so how often? Or does varying your routine then mean you have NO routine.If a routine is easier to follow , then is not following a routine better because your body ain't READY to burn 218 calories and that is it?

Actually, that is more than one question, but you get my drift.

What do you think? Huh?

Pearl of Wisdom from the Mind of WEL
It seems to me, it seems to be , the higher a squirrel climbs up a tree, the smaller his feet seem to be , it seems to me.(If ya know me, ya know I cleaned that Pearl up)

No comments:

Post a Comment