Tuesday, January 18, 2011

spitting in my hand

Howdy from the land of snow geese and field larks!

When I was younger and just antsy about something, I would tell my Mother "I wish I had this or I wish I had that". She would tell me to "Wish in one hand and Spit in the other, and see which one gets full the fastest".Ya just can't beat them old "Pearls"!

Now for a lot of years, decades really, I WISHED I wasn't fat. I WISHED I was in better shape. I WISHED --well --I WISHED a lot of wishes---and guess what? not one damn one of them came true. I never woke up weighting 195 pounds. I never walked out of an eerie fog and felt I could sprint to the top of a mountain.Neither hand had one thing in them.Funny how them old "Pearls" are so true sometimes.

Now for the last couple of years I have been SPITTING in one hand and my, my---but things are a changing. Now, it has not been easy to keep SPITTING in that hand but the discomfort is beginning to pay off.

I see people all around that are becoming more conscious of their health and their weight. Many of them are taking significant steps to improve their health/weight. Some are taking the 2--1 steps, you know 2 forward and 1 back.But Hey, at least they are thinking and acting. The 2--1 step is natural.I did it several times and will likely do it again.

To all who think they will never get to where they WISH to be---You can , if I can You can--all ya got to do is quit WISHING and start SPITTING.

Pearl of Wisdom from the Mind of WEL
Never tell a women with GUESS on her sweat shirt --Implants?

4 comments:

  1. I wish I could hug your mother, since shaking her had is risky :-)

    Great story, and great message, Bill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to learn some new steps... I'm already acquainted with the 2--1 step... going to spice things up soon with some new moves!

    Sage advice as always Bill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks John, we all take them 2--1 steps. It is the perseverance that counts.

    ReplyDelete