Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The $64 question.

Howdy from the land of chuckboxes and cobbler in a dutch oven!

If you have never eaten cobbler in a Dutch oven, I feel right sorry for ya.I think we are losing a lot of our humanity with all the FAST food,FAST cars, FAST jobs, GIANT houses, and all the creature comforts we now call necessities.But that is a subject for another blog.

Anyway, I have a question for anyone out there. It comes from a Red Steagal poem---"If you knew you couldn't fail, what would you do?"

Now if I chew on that question long enough I have to ask myself some really hard questions.And,in trying to answer those questions I have to look inside myself for some answers. No one can answer for me.

This "food for thought" question can fit into numerous settings in my life---jobs-life styles-and yes even fat loss. If I knew I couldn't fail how much fat would I carry?If I know I can't fail would I continue to lose fat?

A year ago my answers would surely have been different than they would be today.Why? One reason is because I now know I have the power ,not to fail.

A man named Mac Ballard told me hundreds of times as a kid "You can do anything you want , if you want to bad enough and your are willing to pay the price." He was right.

I have had my doubts about this journey at times. As the trip unfolds I learn these fears and doubts are just like the monster in the closet as a kid----just in my head.I have learned and am still learning that I am my own worse enemy.I place 99% of all the barriers in front of me.WHY?

Is it because the first word we learn as a child is NO?Is it because we are told mostly what we can't do?I am not smart enough to know all those answers but I am kinda like an Airedale dog--I ain't as dumb as I look, either.

I have learned an important lesson on this trip ---Mac Ballard was right---I can do any thing if I want to bad enough AND I am willing to pay the price.

I will continue to lose fat ---why?--because I know I can't fail. Thanks Mac Thanks Red.

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL
Call the problem,ask for the solution,devise the method,achieve the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment