Thursday, June 18, 2009

You think I'm Weird?

Howdy from the land of brush piles and cedar posts!

I was walking yesterday and caught up with two co-workers walking. They have been walking about three weeks but I never talked to them only said Howdy.

We talked about the sunshine and they made the comment I had lost quite a bit of weight. I told them close to 79 pounds of fat. They were impressed, I was thrilled---makes ya feel good.

Anyway, they asked how long I had been walking, what I ate, etc and we talked for a quarter of a mile. One fella said he was diabetic and his doctor was telling him what his future looked like if he does not lose some weight. Then he said his wife does not believe he can lose any weight---damn ---that is cold.

I told him I did not know him at all, but I was convinced he could lose all the fat he wanted. I kinda got on a soap box with him, basically told him he had the power---no one else. I told him if a cowboy like me could make life style changes ---for the better ---anyone could.

I also told him he should make the better changes for himself.If I did not like myself enough to change, how could I expect someone else to like me.It starts with me.

Anyway, I told them about Muata's , Tony's, yours truly' site and encouraged them to read----feed the brain---lose the fat. I hope they do.

If they think I'm a little weird---oh well---less fat & weird is better than more fat & weird.

See ya down the road and get your ass in gear and make a change for the better, you deserve it.

Pearl of Wisdom form the mind of WEL
Yesterday is gone,no telling about tomorrow,you only control today.

2 comments: