Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2010 Win Loose or Draw ?

Howdy from the land of new beginnings and old lessons!

Well, my fair haired friends we have ourselves a brand new year. One filled with high hopes and old issues.I took a little vacation and when I came back to reality I read a buddy's blog---Lean and Mean aka John Zimmer.He was looking back on 2010 which we all tend to do.He mentioned that 2010 was a waste because he had gained weight instead of losing.

I was thinking about this post for several days and decided to look back briefly at the Winners, Losers and Drawers (that just don't sound right but you get my drift) for the year.

I started out 2010 at 223.2 lbs. of lovable wonder.The same day in 2011 I weigh 227.2,that is a gain of 4 lbs.Now there have been several UPS and DOWNS throughout the year. At first glance this would be a LOSER.But not so fast Young Grasshopper!During the year I conducted several experiments on my Fat Lose Journey. I went 6 weeks without weighing myself, not ready for that yet.I pushed my knees past their limit with weighted vests and miles on the track,not a good outcome. I took the Wilderness Athlete Challenge, the meal replacing shakes are good but I miss CHEWING.

In each of my experiments I learned something or re-enforced something I already knew.

What you might ask?
1.Consistency is the key to losing fat---Winner
2.I have to find what works for me,no one can just sell me a plan---Winner
3.Only I have control of my trip and the trip is worth it because I am worth it---Winner
4.It is just MATH---Winner
5. The hard part of my trip is still ahead of me---Winner/Loser??
6.I may not have lost what I wanted to in 2010 but I get another shot today---Winner
7.I can eat tuna everyday for lunch or drink a shake, don't matter---300 calories is 300 calories---Draw
8.If I eat Chinese cookies by the bag full I gain weight---Duh---Loser
9.Boredom is a weight gaining bitch for me---Loser
10.There are many successful people out there that have lost fat and have gone thru the same issues I have, and I know where to find them---Winner
11. In a trip like mine there will be ups and downs, how I react to these is what makes me a Winner or a Loser

All in all, 2010 was a winner for me and it was a winner for my buddy John. We both learned to adjust some and we both made the decision to move forward.I win everyday I think I can do better because----A MER I CAN !!

Come do some math with me. Muata,Dr.J and John are right, it is all JUST MATH.

Pearl of Wisdom from the Mind of WEL
Calorie is KING, cut the King today!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Bill!!

    Great review of 2010!! Yeah, last year was like getting that hot brand as a calf for many of us, but once that's over with, we are turned loose for the adventures ahead. I hope 2011 has many great adventures awaiting you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr.J thanks a lot. Muata told me when I started this trip is was as much mental and physical. He was right.You have a fantastic year and remember to "sit up and fly right".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bill,

    We are still in the game. Taking off with my son this morning to climb a mountain - about 3 hours round trip (little mountain).

    I like how you evaluated this and are keeping what works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. John,
    Thanks for the comment and thanks for letting me see YOUR side of OUR hill.

    I thnk it does a lot of good leting folks see what works for you and what works for me--if only to prove there is more than one way to skin a cat----as long as we try to skin the damn thing.

    Right foot in front of left foot---right-left--right--left. Enjoy the climb and being with your son.

    ReplyDelete