Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I can't fix this

Howdy from the land of wild fires and tired fire fighters!

Thankfully, the wild fires around home have been few and small. North and West Texas are not so lucky.

I have been struggling with this post for several days.In my mind I write about things in my life and how they connect with my fat loss journey. I do not know if this one will connect.

I look at myself as a fixer---you know someone that works problems out and gets things fixed. Whether this issue is a broke down lawn mower or how can we build some thing for someone with out spending much money ( because you know, poor folks got poor ways);I can generally fix the issue.That is what I do at work, fix issues. If someone tears something up they call Bill.If something needs fixing here I go.On one hand it can be frustrating at times being the Fixer , on the other hand being the Fixer makes me feel needed.All in all,being the Fixer is good.

Well, Janet's Lab Hoppy has been under the weather for a couple of months. Come to find out the poor dog has Prostrate Carcinoma at the age of 4 1/2. The vet said it is rare, I told the vet it sure is.Hoppy is a rare dog.

I have had dozens and dozens of dogs.Hoppy is the most intelligent and with out a doubt the most eager to please of any dog I have ever been around.He has more personality than any dog I have known.

There is not much anyone can do for him and I can not fix it.I hate that fact.

I can tell Hoppy does not feel well and does not want to eat his meds, but he will try best he can to please me, because that is the kinda dog he is.I can see him going down hill and I can not fix that.

Because we live in a rural area our local vet sent me to San Antonio with Hoppy to get him ultra sounded at a speciality Vet clinic.I had to call Janet while she was watching Little Man Kolt and tell her what they found.I could hear her pain on the phone, and I could not fix that.

Well,this is part of the cycle we all experience in life I guess.We get to see the sun rise by watching the sunset.Like I said before, sometimes being the Fixer is good , sometimes it sucks.

Pearl of Wisdom from the Mind of WEL
Today, there just ain't no Pearl

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, Bill! This seems to be a month of loss for many of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it happens I suppose.I was always told not to fall in love with things with four legs.But on the up side--I sure have enjoyed a mighty fine animal.
    Thanks Dr.J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Often what we love chooses us, Bill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes sir, I think you are mighty right.

    ReplyDelete