Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A lesson a Day

Howdy from the land of snakes in the yard and dust in the air!

You know it is getting dry as a popcorn fart when the snakes move inside the yard where we have been watering.Dang snakes! Scare the crap out of ya!

Dr.J over at the Calorie Lab had a great post about never giving up OR maybe we should give up?? His post was about very successful people could many times see they were on the wrong road and changed directions. They tend to not waste their time on fruitless endeavors.This makes sense to me.According to Dr.J , they are like the Gambler--they know when to hold them and when to fold them.

In thinking about this post I remembered reading about Highly Successful people in a book and one of the principles they tend to have in common was they knew where their Circles of Influences were. They did not waste time with things they had no influence on.

I have lost valuable time by spinning my wheels on stuff I had no control over.The hard trick to being able to see the task ahead as a worthwhile goal OR a waste of time.

On my Fat Loss Journey, I have learned a little about what I have influence on. I have much more influence on my health than I once imagined.I have slowly quit worrying about useless stuff and changed directions several times in an effort to find what works best for ole Bill.

I have also quit worrying about what Jimmy did to lose weight or Bob or Ted or Alice. I have no control over them and they don't have any control over me.

The lessons I have learned on this trip I try to write down least I forget some of them.But Old Mac Ballard was correct---unless you are a stone cold moron you will learn a lesson a day, if you just pay attention.

Pearl of Wisdom from the Mind of WEL
Quit worrying about the damn mules, your job is to load the wagon.

4 comments:

  1. That's good stuff, Bill!! We all learn from each other, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes sir we really do learn something from everyone we come in contact with.
    Thank you too my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding post Bill! It's great to see a person develop on their journey in "real time" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much. I have been thinking of using you in a post called "Car 54 Where Are You".
    I hope you are doing well.I am still moving forward.

    Talk to you again soon I trust.

    ReplyDelete