Thursday, March 12, 2009

Spotlight on American

Yesterday I was spotlighted on www.mrlowbodyfat.com What a thrill!! Janet encouraged me to let Muata spotlight my fat loss journey after he asked. They were both right about it being a good thing to do.

I would encourage anyone trying to start a trip like this OR anyone on a fat loss journey to go to Muata's site and read. This guy is one of the people that HAVE IT.He also has too many links of inspiration,nutrition,exercise and gym less training to mention. PLUS he will not talk down to anyone and is always there to encourage a Cowboy.

I thanked everyone last night that commented about my spotlight and would like to mention here a word I heard in a speech about 40 years ago.This speech was given at the Texas state FFA convention, by a state officer.It was on his favorite word in the English language----AMERICAN. He said if you pronounce it a little different it becomes A MER I CAN. I never forgot this speech and told others about it.30 years latter my son used this story and what it meant in his run at being elected to state officer in the FFA also.

Although I had never forgotten the speech, I did stray from the lesson learned from it--A Mer I Can.In my fat loss journey, I had to find that meaning and just say I CAN. It does not come instantly but it can be done.

Anyone out there that needs encouragement or confidence---just start like I did, Go into the bathroom with the door closed (where no one will see you and think you are nuttier than they already think you are) and look into the mirror and say I CAN. That is what I do everyday.

If I can , anyone can.

Pearl of Wisdom from the mind of WEL
AMERICAN

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for directing me to Muata's site.

    I am also gonna do the 'I CAN' think in the bathroom this week. I could do with more self motivation this week.

    ReplyDelete